Monday, October 7, 2013

Morning After a Night of No Sleep Makeup Look

My Dearest Beauties,

Whether you didn't get enough sleep because you were out partying or because you had too many things on your mind, makeup is an amazing tool we can use to make ourselves look pulled together and as if we got the ideal seven hours beauty sleep. Unfortunately, we have to wake up the next morning and either go to work or uni, or even just run our daily errands, but I know from myself that looking ghostly affects my mood a lot (plus the lack of sleep). Think of it as a pick me up!

You wake up with a dull complexion, extra dark under eye circles, and sometimes it goes as far as your skin breaking out. If you were out partying the smoke and alcohol dry it out completely and it looks extra dull.

I was inspired to give you my tips after a night of less than three hours of sleep that made me think it would be interesting to actually think of my makeup routine for those days when I feel like that.The aim is to add radiance to your skin, cover under eye circles and break outs, make your eyes look awake, finally boost your confidence level and even change your mood.

Face washed with cold water to tighten everything and letting the moisturizer sink in.

Face
I start by using my everyday moisturizer to give my face life again. I drink my coffee and let it sink in and work with my natural oils. I also apply some EOS lip balm to start preparing my lips for lipstick. I then go in with L'oreal Paris Le Teint Accord Parfait (equivalent to the american true match). I dot it on the center of my face and smooth it, using my fingers, out onto the edges so that I end up with no makeup lines. This foundation has a truly undetectable and satin finish. You can go really thin and cover everything or layer it for a full on look. Once I even out my face I go in to cover dark circles, and you guessed it, I am using Benefit's Boi-ing because on days like these I only use ultra trusted products. To give my face life, I apply Dali's bronzer  with my index fingertip as a highlight on the tops of my cheekbones (I find it is too glittery, shiny and light to use as an actual bronzer). This adds a little shine to my face so that I do not look so dull. Then I go in with Dali's blush on the apples of my cheeks, I blend the highlighter on the top of my cheekbones really well with the blush I added on the apples of my cheeks. Think of blending till you look like you were born with a natural flush. My tip for that is using a clean blush brush so that you blend without adding any additional product. Notice: I didn't powder! I want my skin to look extra natural and radiant. Plus this foundation gives me a really demi-matte finish which I powder only around four hours later.

Face Procucts
Eyes
When your eyes are extra swollen and have huge bags and dark circles; the best thing to do is go light on the eyes but use something effective. Think, all matte eye shadows. You want to recess the swollen lids while still adding some definition. I start by smoothing Benefit's Stay don't Stray eye primer with my ring finger tip to make my eye shadows last longer and appear more vibrant. For that, I use this NYX palette, I just apply the darkest shade (similar here in the color betrayal) of the palette all over my mobile lid and under my lower lash line (don't go too thick, we don't want to look like we got punched in the eye). I use a flat Ecotools brush to apply the color and blend it with a fluffy eye shadow H&M brush. Then, I go in with Dali's white eyeliner on the lower water line, this covers the redness and makes my eyes look wide awake. I curl my lashes with Tweezerman's lash curlers and apply L'oreal Paris Lash Architect 4D mascara. As a last note, I use the same shadow to fill in my eyebrows (it is a matte cool toned brown that is good for eyebrows).

Eye Products
Lips
I have a love affair with these Rimmel Apocalips lippies. They are the perfect marriage between a lip gloss and a highly pigmented lipstick. These are perfect with color pay off and have an amazing shine that lasts and lasts and lasts. I cannot say enough about them. Go for a peachy nude like the shade Luna, because it will make your face look a bit tan. But, you may also choose to go for a fun bright color for an instant pick me up with the shade Apocaliptic. I am obsessed.
Lip Products




Eyes Close up

Complexion Close up

What are your thoughts on this look? What do you usually go for to change your mood after a really bad night?

Much love,

Samar 

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    Where are you getting NYX from? Also does benefit last? mine smears and creases and is gone in a few hrs!

    ReplyDelete