Thursday, August 15, 2013

How to Make the Most out of: Perfume

My Dearest Beauties, 

One of my dear readers, Carolina, sent me this amazing image indicating where you should apply perfume. So, I thought it would be fun to share my tricks on layering and applying perfume. Perfumes give us a scent identity, because even when hundreds of people apply the same perfume, each and every person smells differently. The way that each body interacts with a scent is different!

Now, this picture is about maximizing the life of your perfume. I have always heard that one should apply perfume where we usually check for pulse. That is because as blood travels it heats up the perfume making it linger. For that reason it is very important that you apply perfume on the right areas.

My personal trick is layering scents. I always buy beautifully and subtly scented lotions and body sprays that are in tune with my perfume. It isn't a bad idea if you buy your favorite perfume's shower gel, body lotion and body spray. The more layers, the better! Go as far as googling your perfume and finding out the components, so if the main scent is amber, you can go and pick up an amber body spray and body butter, to highlight and layer the aroma.

Most people change their fragrance from season to season. Personally, I go with my mood. If I feel like wearing a strong and musky scent in the middle of August, I will wear it. I mean, why not? It just depends on what you like and what your nose tolerates during the heat months or the cold months. 

If you find that no matter what you do, that specific perfume doesn't stay. Then it isn't the right one for your body chemistry. Try it on before investing. Ask people if they can smell your fragrance. It often happens that you love the scent and you can smell it all day long, but unfortunately no one else can. I personally love to leave a scent impression. People will tend to recognize and link the specific smell to you. 


Remember, everyone has a signature scent, and it is very easy to make the most of your perfumes. Carolina thank you so much for this lovely input.

Tell me what you think on the comments below. 

Much love, 

Samar

5 comments:

  1. i like it..i will do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Samar for taking in consideration de picture! Very interesting what you wrote about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheart for the lovely input! Bisous, Samar

      Delete