Friday, March 29, 2013

The Best Way to Shave your Legs


My Dearest Beauties,

Shaving can become a hassle if it isn’t done the right way. We all have to get ready for summer clothing and sporting beautiful and silky legs. For that reason, I thought today I would share with you how I shave my legs and get impeccable results.

In these three steps you will get the smoothest legs ever:

1.      Exfoliate: it is very important that a day before shaving your legs you go over with a good quality scrub. Exfoliating is good for getting the layers of dead cells off and getting the hair follicles ready for what is to come. My favorite body scrub is Clarins Smoothing Body Scrub for a New Skin. The exfoliating bamboo particles prepare your skin for further procedures. An added bonus to this product is the soft but natural smell.

2.      Shave: the secret to a very good shave is having a product of right texture to let your razor glide on your skin like it would ski down slopes. After trying lots of shaving creams I came across the best and cheapest way. I use Johnson’s Baby Oil. It works wonders whether you shave in the direction of the hair or against it. Your razor will just work like a dream. Now, for the actual razor try not to use it more than four to five times. It is essential that you disinfect it after each use (with a bit of alcohol) and keep it away from water once you’re done. These are my doctor’s orders. My favorite razors are from the Gillette Venus line, any of them will work great.
 









3.      Moisturize: ones you are done and out of the shower it is crucial that you moisturize with a body cream and not just a lotion. Before, I go on with cream I splash a bit of alcohol all over my legs to avoid any infected follicles. Ones that is done I go on with tons of cream. I love to use one that I get from my local supermarket that is very affordable but of really good quality and very effective. It is called Babaria Body Milk. They have it in a variety of scents and textures.
 

Once I started going through these steps, I started noticing that I do not get itchy skin and barely ever get those little infected follicles that I’m sure annoy all of us.

Try it and tell me if you like it in the comments.

Much love,

Samar xox   

2 comments:

  1. In which supermarket i can find the cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in Lebanon and I find it in almost all supermarkets. Babaria products are Spanish.

      Delete