Saturday, March 30, 2013

Makeup Tutorial: Pop of Green


My Dearest Beauties,

Last night as I was getting ready for a night out I thought I would take step by step pictures of my makeup so that I could share it with you all. Green is in for this spring makeup season. It is very easy to add a pop of color without being too dramatic or making yourself look like you just got punched in the face. I hope you like the look, recreate it and please feel free to share it with me. I would love to see your take on this simple and fun look.

I started with base and concealer on a moisturized face. Again I used Maybelline Mineral Power Natural Perfection Foundation. You might begin to notice that this is one of my favorite foundations. As for concealer I used Makeup Forever Full Cover in shade number five. I also filled in my brows with a dark brown eye shadow from the All I Ever Wanted palette by NYX cosmetics.

 

I then went in for the eyes. I started by defining my crease with the light brown color. After that I filled in the outer three quarters of my lid and my lower lash line with the shimmering green shade. I then went on for a gold tear dot high light. All shadows used are from the All I Ever Wanted palette.

After that I lined my upper and lower water line with black waterproof pencil liner by Dior. With that same pencil I lined my upper lash line from the middle out with a flick. I then used an angled brush with some black shadow from the same palette and went all over the liner in order to set it and make it smudge proof.
I, then, used a very light blusher on the apples of my cheeks and some highlighter on my cheekbones. I didn’t want to go for a very strong cheek and lip because it would all turn out to be a bit overpowering.

I lined my lips with Dali lip pencil in number 60 and applied a light lip gloss from the same palette.
I finished the look with a ton of L’oreal Black Lacker Mascara, a dusting of Poudre Universelle Compacte by Chanel all over my face and a good mist of Mac Fix+.
 
Much love,

Samar xox

No comments:

Post a Comment