Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Skin Care: My Secret Face Scrub Potion


My Dearest Beauties,

Before I introduce to you my favorite face scrub, I have to start with a disclaimer. I am by no means a dermatologist and I am just giving you my honest opinions on this natural and easy procedure. This is what works for me after lots of trials and errors. I hope you try it and like it! J

We ladies sometimes feel like our skin is not looking its best. Using a face scrub brings back that luminosity that we sometimes lack. A facial scrub exfoliates and puts away the outermost layer of dead skin cells that are keeping us from our best. I have acne and I am always concerned about exfoliation; first because some of the ingredients in the scrubs could break me out and second because I need a product that doesn’t leave my skin stripped of its moisture. My dermatologist always raves about how good almond oil is for very dry and flaky skin. From that I got the idea of using almond oil as a mask from time to time. We all have sugar at home and sweet almond oil is very easy to get hold of from any pharmacy.

Anyway here are the steps to facial wonderland:

1.      Start with a clean face

2.      Apply a good tablespoon of sweet almond oil onto your face and neck and massage gently onto your skin. Don’t be afraid to add more if you need it.

3.      Dab some sugar onto your fingertips and massage it very gently in circular motions all over your face and neck avoiding the eye area. You will need around a teaspoon of sugar.

4.      Once you’re done with gently scrubbing all the surface area, you go ahead and clean it all off with a warm wet cloth.

I suggest you do this no more than ones a week during the evenings before your night skin care routine. This natural and cheap scrub will leave your skin feeling soft, moisturized and with a glow that comes from within. It gets rid of any flakiness on my skin left by dry spots. I find that my makeup glides on beautifully when I exfoliate with this mixture. Even on those days when I don’t have time to throw on a full face of makeup and decide to go for a quick dusting of face powder; I feel like the powder doesn’t sit on any dry patches because they are minimized by the scrub.  

I may have to warn you of the facial orgasm you will be getting when you feel your skin after exfoliation.

Yours,

Samar

1 comment:

  1. This is what works for me after lots of trials and errors. I hope you try it and like it!

    ReplyDelete