Friday, April 5, 2013

Red Lip Perfection


My Dearest Beauties,

A red lip is a classic. It dresses up an outfit and will never fail a lady when done the right way. I have a special way of applying my red lip. The process I go through ensures that my red lip stays put all night long and that it doesn’t bleed and make you look like the joker.

A perfect red lip also needs some preparation before the actual application. So, make sure your lips are not flaking up, for that I would recommend that you use a lip balm and a lip scrub prior to application. Another main tip is that the thinner the layers you put on top of each other the longer the time your lipstick will stay on. For that reason you need a lipstick with good pigmentation in order to get the best color with the least amount of layers. A little contradicting but believe me this works wonders.

Pick up your favorite red lipstick with its matching lip pencil. I am using both from Bourjois; the lipstick is Rouge Edition in number 15 Rouge podium and the lip liner is in number 20.

You will need to start by dabbing some of your favorite concealer onto your lips.

 
Then go ahead and apply the first thin layer of lipstick to your lips. You can go onto your lips straight from the bullet or grab a lip brush. Right after you give your lips the first tint blot your lips with some facial tissue.


After that, line and fill in your lips to get the perfect shape with your lip pencil. No one wants crooked red lips. Blot again with tissue. The blotting takes away the oils in the lipstick and leaves the tint more adhered to lips.
 

Then last but not least grab another face tissue rub a little bit of loose or pressed powder on it and go gently over your lips. Then go in with your lipstick and apply the two more layers and you will be good to go rock your red lips.



I’ve tried this; the results are that even after eating and drinking my lips are still red and not joker-like at all.

 Try it and tell me how it went on the comments below.

Gros Bisous,

Samar xox

2 comments: