Friday, April 19, 2013

Take your Makeup Off with Me

My Dearest Beauties,

Taking off all of your makeup off every night before going to sleep is a tedious task. Unfortunately, it is essential that you do! This will be my advice on taking off your makeup on those nights when you have a lot to take off (foundation, concealer, blush, bronzer and highlighter, among other things). If you want to find out how to take the day off your face, then keep reading.

I will have to warn you that this starts pretty and gets pretty ugly along the way.

1.       I start off by massaging onto my face about a tablespoon of sweet almond oil. Do it in circular motions, all over your face. Don’t be afraid to run over your eyelids and lips. This will breakdown all your eye makeup and foundation. 







2.       Wash the excess oil off of your hands. Then, give your face a good wash with your favorite cleanser. I use Uriage Crème Lavante. Wipe that all off with a wet sponge followed by a good and refreshing splash of water.






3.       I finish off by soaking a couple of cotton rounds with Bioderma Solution Micellaire water. I place one of them on my closed eye and dab onto it for around 15 seconds to make sure that when I wipe off, everything would have come off easily without any tugging. I repeat that on the other eye. At last I wet one last cotton round with my Bioderma Solution Micellaire water and run it all over my face to make sure I am completely clean.
4.       Voila! You have a face free makeup that is ready for your night skin care.



When you think that it is all off. Well, it turns out that a lot more was left.



Taking your makeup off, completely, is very important to maintain a beautiful skin. You will see less acne break outs. Your skin will be able to do its night rejuvenating duties better, once it is perfectly cleansed. Even your skin care will work better because it will be able to penetrate your skin easier.

Hope you found this useful and practical. Tell me how taking your makeup off went or your current routine in the comments below. My routine doesn't take me more than five minutes. But then again, it is totally worth it.

Gros bisous,

Samar xxo

4 comments:

  1. Hi what highlighter do u recommend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I love Clinique Fresh Bloom Allover Colour in the shade "Plum Puppy Blend". I also really like to hightlight with a slighter ligheter and lightweight powder, I use Chanel Poudre Universelle in shade #50 "Peche". Hope that was helpful. xx

      Delete
  2. Hola Samar la de Beirut,

    I must say I was guilty of not removing my make-up, which is why at one point I stopped wearing make-up all together...Thanks for reminding me that it really only takes 5-10 minutes to remove....long story short, my make-up bag is back in business!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Make sure you always do love! It is very important to maintain healthy skin. Bisous oo

      Delete