Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Chitchat: My Weight Loss Journey


My Dearest Beauties,

I think this might be one of the hardest posts to write for me. As the title implies I will be walking you through my days as an obese person and the way I lost the weight. The truth is that till this day I love food. I love to eat! I grew up in a home full of great cooks from my grandmas to my mother and aunts. I loved to eat and my love developed into some kind of addiction. I was never satisfied not with my food not with my looks. I tried many diets. I tried many workouts. My mother supported me to the point that she used to go on the regimes with me. I always started on good foot but my enthusiasm didn’t last long enough. By the time I was 16 I felt really desperate. I wanted to look, dress and feel like all those other girls my age. I wanted to wear all those amazing outfits I put together in my imagination. For that reason I started to look into a procedure called gastric band. I asked my parents for their consent and finally looked for a really good doctor and had the procedure done. Unfortunately, the weight loss didn’t come like in my dreams. A year later I realized that no matter what I did the diet and the workout had to come in play. My first efforts were to cut down on all junk food and soda drinks and started moving a little more. I signed up for belly dancing classes as I find the dance very exciting and artistic. Very slowly, I started to see the difference and as the changes came along my enthusiasm grew. I started to cut down on calories and kept going strong with my dance classes. In two years I was looking good, I was looking the way that I wanted to. I started to experiment with fashion and makeup the way I wanted to. As shallow as it may sound it became a dream come true to play with different fashion pieces. Wearing a tight pair of jeans without feeling like I looked ridiculous became one of the biggest comforts. As my confidence accumulated I started to appreciate fashion more and more, looking my best on all occasions became a goal. After being a goal it became a really good habit. Now, my gastric band is removed and taking care of me inside and out is a priority in my life. I have learnt over the few years of my life that whatever you put out there to the universe is what you get in return. So always give a good face be kind and graceful and it will all return to you without you even noticing.
As for how I maintain my weight and shape now, well be in the lookout for that post! I think I have a lot of interesting things to share with you all.

Much love,

Samar xox
 

No comments:

Post a Comment